Selston Church of England (VA) Infant and Nursery School
Opening hearts and minds through the grace and love of God
(taken from the Gospel of John)
At Selston Infant and Nursery School, children always come first and we try to nourish, challenge, prepare and inspire them within a Christian ethos.
We believe in valuing all who contribute towards the successful running of our school and nursery including children, parents, carers, governors, teaching and non-teaching staff.
This Mission Statement lies at the heart of our schools’ aims. It is the philosophical basis for all of the school’s policies and through these, for everything that happens in and around the school.
Our aspiration is for everyone at Selston to:
- feel happy, secure, safe and valued at school and pre-school
- develop a growing awareness of their own inner self and spirituality, and of the power of the Christian faith to transform lives
- develop healthy relationships based on care, trust, compassion and forgiveness
- show acceptance for and understanding of others who may have different beliefs or needs
- strive for the highest standards of achievement, developing the confidence and skills to be independent, motivated and self-disciplined learners
- have a positive approach to life, contributing to the well-being of the community and building hope for the future
We hope that children will leave our school with open hearts and minds, ready to respond to the opportunities that lie before them and to experience the joy of life in all its fullness.