The PE and Sports Premium
The PE and Sports Premium is additional funding that schools receive for physical education (PE) and sport.
The funding must be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education, physical activity and sport.
This means that the premium should be used to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that the school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Schools can use the premium to secure improvements in the following indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
The following document shows how Selston C of E has previously spent the funding.
Ashfield District School Sports Network
We are part of the Ashfield School Sports Network where we have the opportunity to play and compete with other local schools in joint events.